NEW! at Parking ServicesPay your citations online. We now accept Visa and MasterCard online for ticket payments.
Parking Services is located on the first floor of Illges Hall.
We are open Monday - Thursday from 10am-3pm and Friday from 10am-1pm.
All parking policies can be found in the 2017-2018 Parking Code.
For additional questions, please contact Parking Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-507-8203.
Additional maps of and directions to campus can be found on our Maps & Directions page.
New Parking Policy Implementation
Columbus State University continually strives to improve safety and security on campus for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. We also look for ways to assess our processes to see if adjustments are needed for improvement. In order to improve campus security and provide additional university police officers on campus, we are implementing a new parking system for students, faculty, and staff that will include a new parking office and a decal fee.
The annual cost of the parking permits will be $45 for students, $90 for faculty/staff, and $180 for reserved parking decals. Hang tag fees are payable by check, credit card, or money order only.
Please note that after July 5, 2017, every vehicle that parks on campus will be required to display a valid CSU parking permit or visitor's pass. Visitor parking spaces will be monitored to prevent students, faculty, and staff from parking in these reserved spots to avoid purchasing a decal. Parking in these visitor spots requires registration with Parking Services. This permit requirement also includes parking in all university owned lots, decks, and parking spaces on CSU's River Park campus. Decals can be purchased at the new parking office on the first floor of Illges Hall.
TIP: Bring your vehicle registration with you. The information on the registration card will help answer some of the questions we ask.
Departments requesting visitor passes should e-mail email@example.com. We will respond within 48 hours.
The following information may be helpful with CSU campus parking. You also may want to consult our campus maps. If you have questions regarding any of these policies, please call University Support Services at 706-507-8203.
- Faculty, staff, and students are responsible for their vehicles (including parking citations) while their vehicles are located on university property.
- Handicapped parking permits are issued by the state and displayed per state statute.
- Temporary permits should be placed on the dash in front of the driver's side or hung from the rear view mirror.
- Vehicles not parked in appropriate spaces are subject to ticketing, booting, and/or towing.
- Parking is prohibited on university roads, driveways, sidewalks/walkways, and grassed areas.
- Vehicles parked illegally are subject to be towed at the driver's/owner's expense. Anyone accumulating four (4) or more outstanding parking citations will be subject to having his/her vehicle towed. All fines must be paid prior to the release of the vehicle. The driver/owner is responsible for all towing and storage fees.
- Traffic fines can be found in the parking code at the top of the page.
- Bicycles are not allowed in buildings and must be chained to a bike rack and not chained to stairs or handrails on campus.
- Non-motorized vehicles (skateboards, etc., not bicycles) are:
- Prohibited on university streets, sidewalks, buildings and lawn areas.
- Only to be operated during daylight hours.
- Allowed in parking lots away from parked vehicles.
Individuals who wish to appeal a parking ticket received at Columbus State University should complete the online appeal form, attaching a copy of the ticket. Once a completed online form is received, the Parking Appeals Committee, chaired by the Chief Justice for the Student Government Association will consider the appeal.
NOTE: Appeals must be filed within thirty (30) days of the ticket date for consideration. You should not pay the ticket prior to the appeal. However, please note that there will be a hold/charge on your account while the appeal is under consideration. If the appeal is approved, the hold/charge will be removed from your account.
Campus Recreation Parking
If you are a Community or Alumni Member of the Columbus State University Recreation Center, you may come by the parking office during normal business hours to obtain a pass. We recommend bringing your vehicle registration with you as the information on your registration will help register your vehicle.